I am sure you have heard there are a a few local bridal shows going on this month, so we wanted to give you a few tips to prepare yourself for a fun, but sometimes overwhelming day so that you can handle bridal shows like a pro.
- Take a minute to check out the show website, there may be some incentives for you to go early, or pre register to avoid line ups or get free swag.
- Is the event on Facebook? Take a look and RSVP! You may have access to contests or information that will help you have a great experience at the show.
- Make a list of the vendors you are hoping to talk to and hopefully book. Are you still looking for a photographer or caterer, make sure you leave yourself time to chat with the vendors you are most interested in first.
- Go prepared, often you will get handouts or take away items, so you will want to carry a bag to add those items to. A pen can come in handy as well. (some shows will hand both of these out)
- A lot of the vendors will be looking to take down your contact information, including your email. If you are wanting to cut down on email overload create a new wedding email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) This will also help you stay organized with any important information as you move forward with your planning
- Print Labels, a lot of couples often print custom labels with their names, phone number and email address on it to make entering information much faster. You can even add your wedding date for those vendors that may be collecting information from you to send you more information.
- Have Fun! Some shows can be overwhelming with information and crowds, but remember it is a very exciting and happy time in your life, so just slow down and enjoy it!